My Little Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A gaming community for bronies specializing in Battlefield, Gran Turismo, Call of Duty, and Grand Theft Auto.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Vote: New Clan Color! Also News!
THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 15, 2014 11:51 pm by PRiME_ENiGMA

» Hello! .
THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyThu May 15, 2014 11:48 pm by PRiME_ENiGMA

» Animu and Mango :3
THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyFri May 09, 2014 10:06 pm by PRiME_ENiGMA

» New Site! I'm BacK!
THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:46 am by PRiME_ENiGMA

» Gran Turismo Photo Mode - Art in Motion
THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 5:05 pm by Pixel

» Squadron Up!
THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:57 pm by Twisted Star

» Call of Duty in 2014: A Theory
THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 11:35 pm by PRiME_ENiGMA

» THE CREW - Discussion Thread
THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 5:54 pm by jaczrwild3

» GT6 Event | AMG VGT Racing Series
THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 4:39 pm by Twisted Star

Top posters
blazeLimit
THE CREW - Discussion Thread I_vote_lcapTHE CREW - Discussion Thread I_voting_barTHE CREW - Discussion Thread I_vote_rcap 
PRiME_ENiGMA
THE CREW - Discussion Thread I_vote_lcapTHE CREW - Discussion Thread I_voting_barTHE CREW - Discussion Thread I_vote_rcap 
jaczrwild3
Twisted Star
Pixel
Naegiful
Yu Narukami
Jetstream
McSqueakers
DayTex
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

THE CREW - Discussion Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jaczrwild3
jaczrwild3

THE CREW - Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 10:33 pm

THE CREW - Discussion Thread 20131111051957!The_Crew_box_art

The Crew is an upcoming racing game for the newest generation of consoles and PC. It is an open world multiplayer experience that takes place in a massive map of the United States. It's made by the folks that made Test Drive Unlimited, and I'm pretty freakin' hype about it, to put it bluntly.

More info can be found here at The Crew's official website, thecrew-game.ubi.com

So, let's talk.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChuGQV5B061Q3R0VYvxBLXQ
PRiME_ENiGMA
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
PRiME_ENiGMA

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 10:36 pm

From what I've seen of it, I really really like it. I just wonder how extensive or accurate the map is going to be.
Back to top Go down
https://mylittleclan.forumotion.com
jaczrwild3
jaczrwild3

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 10:47 pm

The Crew's website features a small section of the cars that will be featured in the game, but after hard-scoping the trailers and promotional images put out since it was revealed at E3, I'll post a larger list of cars:

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
BMW Z4
Dodge Charger '12
Dodge Challenger '08
Dodge RAM (unsure of year, but one of the newer models)
Shelby GT500 (late 60s version)
Chevrolet Camaro RS '69
Chevrolet Camaro '10
Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C6)
Chevy Silverado (newer model)
Ford Focus RS
Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
Ford Shelby GT500 '13
Ford Mustang GT '11
Hummer H2
Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Aventador
Mini Cooper S '10
Nissan 370Z
Nissan Skyline R34
RUF 3400K

Last edited by jaczrwild3 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jaczrwild3
jaczrwild3

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 10:52 pm

PRiME_ENiGMA wrote:
From what I've seen of it, I really really like it. I just wonder how extensive or accurate the map is going to be.

I've heard varying reports, but one of the Q&As they've done says that it is about 5000 km2. When it comes to accuracy, I think they took the United States, and pushed all the interesting (to them at least) parts closer together, so that it's big, but not boring.
Back to top Go down
Twisted Star
Twisted Star

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:08 am

Nice choice of cars but I think it could use at least one Mclaren like the P1.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlicornFury
blazeLimit
blazeLimit

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 10:41 am

I hope they have more BMWs, the Z series was always "meh" to me
Back to top Go down
jaczrwild3
jaczrwild3

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:49 pm

The car selection from Test Drive Unlimited was pretty big, and had a bunch of different cars. This game isn't published by the same company, but hopefully Ubisoft can help in licensing just as many cool cars for this one.
Back to top Go down
blazeLimit
blazeLimit

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:37 pm

You think hopefully the Lambo Hurracane (is that how its spelled?) will be in The Crew? I'm not big on lambos but thats one I actually wanna drive O.o
Back to top Go down
PRiME_ENiGMA
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
PRiME_ENiGMA

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 7:59 pm

As long as there are Mazdas, I'm happy.
Back to top Go down
https://mylittleclan.forumotion.com
blazeLimit
blazeLimit

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 8:55 pm

lol i didnt realize you were that into them prime XD
Back to top Go down
jaczrwild3
jaczrwild3

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 7:35 pm

blazeLimit wrote:
You think hopefully the Lambo Hurracane (is that how its spelled?) will be in The Crew? I'm not big on lambos but thats one I actually wanna drive O.o

I didn't even think about the Huracan. It's a possibility, I'm not sure if it'll make the release date, but DLC is always a possibility Razz
Back to top Go down
jaczrwild3
jaczrwild3

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 7:46 pm

The January Q&A is out! Here comes the copy paste XD
Q: In the Cockpit view can we see the real inside of the car?
A: Yes you will, and depending on the dress of the car (Full stock, Dirt, Perf…) you will have a modified interior.

Q: With the Cockpit view can we see the hands of the driver, like in the trailer?
A: Yes you can.

Q: How many servers will the game have?
A: One server per platform (PC, Xbox One, PS4).

Q: Will there be some kind of "camera mode" in free roam? Can I move the camera with a mouse and see my side, back, front of the car etc…?
A: While free roaming, you will be able to turn the camera all around your car, and when you get back into the garage you will have the possibility to inspect every aspect of your vehicle (body, interior, chassis and more).

Q: When you build a vehicle in the HQ, can you save it?
A: There will not be possible to save a pre-set of car that you will apply to all your vehicles. You will be able to save the modifications that you apply to one car at the time.

Q: When we go to purchase a car, will it be in a store base like TDU2 where there’s cut scene when you walk in? Also, will it be possible to view the car in depth (interior, exterior and test drive)?
A: There will not be a first person view; however a camera will take you from one car to another allowing you to inspect the car (interior and exterior). You will also be able to test drive the cars before buying them.

Q: Will there be a (kind of) detailed physical map I stick to my wall and see the location of various challenges?
A: This is something we’d like to get for sure!

Q: Will there be various events in each city in The Crew?
A: In every city and on the entire map!

Q: Will we be able to turn off HUD elements / Disable the HUD entirely?
A: You will be able to remove all the information that will be displayed on the screen when free roaming, allowing you to enjoy the most immersive experience!

Q: How police will behave? They will be chasing you every time they will see you or only when you do something wrong, like crash into another car etc.?
A: Only when you do something wrong, rest assured however that they will not be patrolling around you all the time. More details regarding the influence of the police will be shared latter.

Q: Will there be train tracks and train stations like in GTA 5 because I think It would be cool to drive around the train station in a Camaro or race the train or just sit there and wait for the train to hit you?
A: This sounds very dangerous, and this will be in the game!

Q: Will there be a photo mode? Or a special camera feature?
A: That’s not planned for now as all of the game platforms allow you to capture videos and take photos already.

Q: When you mean rival crews. Are you referring to actual online players? Or are you referring to AI made crew rivals?
A: Both, as you will be facing rivals crews in the campaign (PvE), and if you want to go against player’s crews you will be able to do so.

Q: Will spoilers be active and move up and down when you brake and accelerate?
A: All our vehicles that possess this option in real life will keep it in the game.

Q: Can we expect a wide variety of interior customisation?
A: Yes, from official ones to creations.

Q: Will there be the option to set traffic levels?
A: As The Crew is an online multiplayer game, the traffic will be the same for all the players on the map. Now, depending on the time of the day and the area where you’ll be driving, the traffic will not be the same. So if you’re driving in a main city you’ll have a lot more traffic than in a small town, same if you’re in day time rather than night.
Back to top Go down
blazeLimit
blazeLimit

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:04 pm

"Yes you will, and depending on the dress of the car (Full stock, Dirt, Perf…) you will have a modified interior."
YESSSSSSSS I love me some cockpit view, and this sounds beautiful ^.^

"One server per platform (PC, Xbox One, PS4)."
Is that normal? I feel like usually games have more than that, I hope that wont be a problem if the game gets really popular

"Only when you do something wrong, rest assured however that they will not be patrolling around you all the time. More details regarding the influence of the police will be shared latter."
Already 50 times smarter than NFS AI XDDD

Overall I'm pretty hype for this, definitely gonna be one of my first purchases for the PS4. Saw the game in gamestop today, I was just staring at it like "sooooon..."
Back to top Go down
jaczrwild3
jaczrwild3

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:13 pm

On the subject of cops, Test Drive Unlimited's was a good way to go about it:

Whenever you hit a pedestrian car, it made a beeping noise and showed if any cops were around, if there was a cop near you, they would begin pursuit. If not, you'd be fine, unless you kept running into traffic, then they'd go after you regardless. Cops would be shown as separate dots on the map as well.

Hopefully The Crew will be about the same.
Back to top Go down
blazeLimit
blazeLimit

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:05 pm

That sounds pretty cool actually! Much better than the NFS mentality of "You're driving a very expensive car, you must be a criminal! Woah, he's going 10 miles under the speed limit? CALL IN THE HELOS"
Back to top Go down
Twisted Star
Twisted Star

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 4:14 am

Can I have moments like in Test Drive when my GPS tells me to pull over and help a female with her shopping bags but when I do, she has no shopping bags and just get in my super car and then tells me to give her a lift to a location that is just around the corner but instead I just raise the roof and take her as hostage and end up in a pursuit then automatically got busted because I got caught by police helicopter while driving off-road?  Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlicornFury
blazeLimit
blazeLimit

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:38 pm

You can do that in test drive? holy shit XD
Back to top Go down
jaczrwild3
jaczrwild3

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 9:02 pm

lol, I don't remember the police helicopter, but there were missions where you had to transport some chick from one area to another, and you could go off-road to hide from the police. I don't think those missions will be in The Crew, though. XD
Back to top Go down
blazeLimit
blazeLimit

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 9:08 pm

I think itd be interesting to have spontaneous missions that just sort of happen from time to time, I'd love to play a racing game with something like that
Back to top Go down
jaczrwild3
jaczrwild3

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 9:15 pm

TDU 2 actually had missions like that. They were missions that randomly popped up on the map and only stayed there for maybe 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
blazeLimit
blazeLimit

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 9:49 pm

Sweet! And actually now that I think about it, I believe midnight club LA did that as well once you beat the main campaign
Back to top Go down
jaczrwild3
jaczrwild3

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 5:44 pm

Found a video I hadn't seen before. We get a closer look at the map (which doesn't seem to be done as of October, when this video was posted), and the player takes us on a nice drive through the Midwest. Hope ya'll can speak Russian Razz
Back to top Go down
jaczrwild3
jaczrwild3

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 5:54 pm

I can't edit posts for some reason so I guess Double Post xD

I found another video from the same guy of some more stuff. Gameplay with some cars we had yet to see gameplay of. Also at around 3:10 in this video I see a car I haven't seen yet. Is that a Bentley Continental? Help me out Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE CREW - Discussion Thread   THE CREW - Discussion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

THE CREW - Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1